Louise Francis, JD, Certified Leadership and Transition Coach
A Professional Development Coach to Move Your Career to Its Best Stage Yet!
A career transition can cause our confidence to ebb when we need it to flow. A Career Coach can help restore equilibrium in an uncertain or unsatisfying time. We may be schooled in job skills but rarely are we trained to make job transitions. I can partner with you to maximize your success. As a Career Coach who formerly managed a firm with revenues exceeding $100 million, my perspective was honed by years of recruiting, hiring, training and developing personnel.
I provide a safe space for you to explore your abilities and understand the market; I help you learn best practices in the process of transitioning to a new job, career, or to greater satisfaction at a current job. I help you discover, affirm and maximize your unique assets. Together we will evaluate and explore your strengths, hopes, needs, opportunities and resources; set your direction and goals; create your action plan and support your plan implementation in a way that is comfortable for your style. Together we can develop techniques for shifting a habit or pattern that may slow your progress.
I have worked with lawyers and private company and non-profit professionals at all levels and stages of their careers. I am particularly experienced with:
- Mid-career Attorneys, Managers and Executives seeking to transfer their expertise and skills to a new work environment or a new role at their current employer, to increase gratification or rewards;
- Professionals seeking to improve their ability to coach and mentor direct reports;
- Seasoned Professionals seeking to dial back engagement or renew their enthusiasm;
- Recent Graduate School or College Students entering the work world, who are at a first job and seek a happier match, or who are assessing a graduate school investment.
Experience and Education
I have coached lawyers and management-level professionals for over 15 years. For nearly 10 years I was a career counselor and career coach for law students and working alumni at UC Hastings College of the Law. I helped them assess their strengths, identify career goals, and execute job search action plans. For nearly 15 years, I was a commercial litigator where I counseled corporations to resolve disputes or liabilities valued at hundreds of millions of dollars, and I helped injured or wronged individuals attain justice. As a partner at a global law firm, I managed the San Francisco headquarters office, hiring, training and developing legal and business operations professionals.
- Leadership and Transition Coach | Hudson Institute of Coaching Certification
- MBTI Certified Professional | American Management Association
- Certified Mediator | UC Berkeley Extension
- Juris Doctor | UC Hastings College of the Law
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science/International Relations) | Swarthmore College